Monday, October 8, 2012

Countries reports


Joseph Albers

Germany

I already am taking a class on Germany and I think it’s the country I most familiar with besides the United States itself.  I am also from German decent and it’s always good to know where we call come from and our family’s history.  I also know that Stearns County is predominantly from German decent as well and I wanted to see the similarities and differences between Germany and here.  Germany’s official name is the Federal Republic of Germany and is broken down into sixteen States.

South Korea

The next country that interested me was South Korea because the United States was involved with this country during the Korean Conflict.  I was also interested how this has shaped the country today and culture as of today.  I see on the news all the time about the tension between north and south Korea and it has always interested me how this is effecting world politics.

China

The last country I was interested in was China, also known as the People’s Republic of China.  This country interested me because the United States does a lot of trade and business with this country.   Another thing that sparked my interest is that China is one of the few communist countries in the world and I was interested how the political systems works and how it governs it’s people.  I also thought that China has one of the richest history and culture going back to all the dynasties that ruled and spice trade that came from the country which many of the world’s countries coveted

Work Cited

German:


https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gm.html

South Korea:


https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ks.html

China:


https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ch.html

No comments:

Post a Comment